5.05.2011

who moved my cheese?

I know what you are thinking...what the hell is she talking about? As many of you already know, I do have an extraordinary love for cheese but why is am writing about it? Although I could write 15 pages about my love for cheese, I actually just read a new book called, "Who Moved My Cheese?" Once again, you are probably wondering why I am reading in the first place since I average about one book every three years....but it had big font and was less than 100 pages.

It was the #1 best selling book on change! One of my biggest faults, is that I absolutely hate change. I have my routine and I follow it every single day. While some might find that boring and monotonous, I find it comforting. In addition, I have been in a rut and really discourage with certain work issues...so I'm willing to get motivation any way I can.

This book is literally about two mice and two "littlepeople" chasing after cheese in a maze. WAIT! Before you stop reading this, while the book really does seem ridiculous, you need to look behind the meaning of it all. To summarize, you should always be adapting to your situations and expect the unexpected. When you sit in the same spot everyday of your entire life, don't be surprised when you are the last one there because everyone else has moved on to bigger and better things. Below are a few bullet points to be aware of - and I hope you all never stop looking for your new cheese in life.

Change Happens
  - They Keep Moving The Cheese

Anticipate Change
  - Get Ready For The Cheese To Move

Monitor Change
  - Smell The Cheese Often So You Know When It Is Getting Old

Adapt To Change Quickly
  - The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese, The Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese

Change
  - Move With The Cheese

Enjoy Change!
  - Savor The Adventure And Enjoy The Taste Of New Cheese!

Be Ready To Change Quickly And Enjoy It Again
  - They Keep Moving The Cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment