5.14.2010

#74: my calves hurt....

Although I have never had a need or desire to mow a lawn, I feel it is something that I should at least do once in my life. Some might call this spoiled, some might call it lazy. I call it Dad's therapy. Growing up, every Saturday morning I was awaken to the roaring sounds of my Dad's John Deer riding lawn mower. He would have never allowed me to mow the lawn even if I offered! The fact of the matter is, that was my Dad's way of getting out of the house with three hormonal women. Every weekend you were sure to find him with his mp3 player on, holding a cigar and a Diet Dr. Pepper with one hand and the wheel with the other. What you would think should take an hour to accomplish, took my Dad all afternoon.

Recently when we moved into the house, Jeff was on a business trip for three weeks. He asked if I could mow the lawn while he was gone. My response, "You want me to do what?! I don't know how to do that!" Therefore, Dad came to the rescue and drove to Prior Lake to mow the lawn. Since then, I have been ridiculed for not knowing how to mow the lawn.

I told Jeff about my idea and he said, "Make sure you do it when I have extra gas so I can fix your mistakes." My sister's comment was, "You have to take pictures of this. I'll believe it when I see it." Thanks for the confidence guys and I hope I proved you all wrong! In the words of Kathy Griffin - SUCK IT!

These are NOT ergonomically correct for short people.

How do I go around corners?


Reward: Glass of wine

No comments:

Post a Comment